Sunday, March 25, 2012

Broncos Landed Manning

After several weeks of wondering where the newly recovered hall of fame free agent would end up; it was officially announced last week that Peyton Manning would be wearing Denver's blue and orange. Being a Broncos fan I was thrilled to hear the news but I also knew this would probably mean the end of Tim Tebow's career with Denver. Sadly, I was right. Tebow has signed to play for the New York Jets next season. I think that Denver has made a mistake letting this young talent go. The way I see it Denver could have kept Tebow and Manning could have mentored and trained Tebow. After all Manning, being in his mid-thirties only has a few years of football left in him. If Tebow had a few years to watch and play behind one of the best NFL QBs there's ever been then by the time Manning retired Denver could have had a well trained QB to fall back on. Another concern is how do we know Manning is really healthy? What if he can't take a hit? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. When it comes down to it though I definitely can't wait for this football season. It could be Denver's year!



No comments:

Post a Comment